Da Van

Da Van

Thursday, March 8, 2012

Oh yeah, I forgot to mention: I crashed the van.

Ahem.  It almost slipped my mind.  No idea why.  When I was pulling into the car shop.  Into the very, very narrow alleyway that leads to the shop.  I may have slightly crashed into a teeny steel structure that was there.  Oops. I had previously pulled into that area a few times without incident and I guess I was feeling just a bit over-confident. 

That’s when the crunching commenced followed briefly by the cussing and severe disparagement of my character by a certain occupant of the van that wasn’t Lena.  window broken

Did I mention just how narrow the alleyway was? It was extremely narrow.

But then I fixed it. 

window fixed 2

By fixed it, I mean I fitted a piece of sheet metal and riveted it to the unbroken part of the window.  What I don’t mean is that that portion is still a window.  Since it’s metal and all, it doesn’t have quite the clarity that it used to have when it was an actual window.  Hey, I did paint it black though so you have to look closely to see just how hillbilly it is.

5 comments:

  1. chuck, why were you cursing yourself and disparaging your character?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hillbilly engineering! FTW!

    @Mandy: I couldn't help myself. I was kinda pissed at me for crashing the van. I should really learn to be nicer.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  4. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete